Sunday, April 3, 2011

"All I Have to Do...."

I must have said to myself "apocolypse" at some point before going to bed, because the dream I had last night was -- to say the least -- an adventure that I hope never happens in this lifetime.

|----------------------------------------------------------------|

It all started out like a regular day; I was in my apartment in the city, cats were hanging around as they usually are, my buddy Jen was over. For reasons unknown, we were just looking out the window. We'd just finished watching news reports about, either, I can't remember - natural disasters happening or some sort of apocalyptic chaos going on around the world - we deducted that clearly, this wouldn't possibly come to our part of the world.

No sooner having said that, what looked to be large meteors rained down on the city; huge fiery orbs of what was in fact the same terror sweeping over the globe.

It was quite vivid, I remember all my feelings and thoughts: I was frightened and naturally, we didn't know what to do. All I knew was that we needed to pack up what little belongings we needed, and decided to head to Jen's home province of Nova Scotia. Greatly afeared for my two cats, I constructed a double backpack device where I could have each of them on my back; the zippers slightly open, to give them air, so they would be safe with me throughout our journey.

With the city, overcome by this chaos, we packed some food as well, and looked at a map of Canada. For some strange reason, we decided that the best way to approach this journey was to travel westward, along the border of Canada -- the only bizarre thing before; on the map, Nova Scotia was on the far-most west wing of the country and the United States border wasn't there at all, beneath us - it was pure ocean.

While journeying through the obstacles of our homeland, it became clear there were demonic creatures looming around the earth. At one point, Jen and I needed to duck beneath (what looked to be an indoor windowsill) to avoid being spotted. These creatures were massive in size; larger than human beings. They had horns atop their heads, and with some, spikes all over their bodies - frightful creatures roamed the earth, searching for what living populace still struggled for absolution amidst the pandemonium afoot.

After having ducked beneath the sill, assurance that the creature was gone was needed prior to moving forward. I peeked up from the depths of safety, to my dismay, the reflection in the glass was distorting my view; I couldn't see at all, and momentarily anxious that what I was looking at - was this creature staring right at me. Luckily, Jen peeked her head above the sill as well, and the creature was long gone; it'd wandered back off into the distance, diametrical to us.

Moving forward, I recall meeting up with a pile of people from my class. With speculating the area we came to was safe, we started building a room - looked as if it were constructed from cubicle walls - we needed a safe area to "work in.." I'm not certain what we planned to do to help rectify the situation, but [Danielle, who is in my class], found the perfect area beside a river where we would set up this shelter. Someone else had pointed out that it was more accurate to her map - that for reasons unknown, had drawn up for the operation - as the small, meadow was positioned close to the river - and across from a herd of - what looked to be deer (?) but these creatures could have also passed for a more docile looking pack that had been roaming the earth.

After having built, what seemed to be, sturdy enough lodging for our operation, we fell into mild anxiety, with the reality of this one wall being quite open - anything could see us if it peered in through the slots.

At some other point, our journey continued on through the ocean, as planned on the original map (Nova Scotia, directionally reversed.)

|----------------------------------------------------------------|

By this point, things were starting to become less vivid; instead of watching this from my own eyes, things were becoming blurry in view. There was some obvious conflict; it seemed as though one of us had a device (maybe it was the map), and we traversed through this great body of water, on nothing more than a small raft. Vague memories of encountering a great sea creature; I cannot recall what happened from then on. To my knowledge, I still had my kitties in tow; safely strapped to the McGuiver-like contraption I carried with me - they were safe and (for a change), strangely quite...they weren't meowing, as they often do.

So many vivid emotions throughout the course of our journey -- all I remember is the nurturing instinct to see that the boys were safe. (Lucky for me, it didn't feel like their weight bothered me).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :) I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)