Monday, April 25, 2011

3D Cat - Fake Rigging

Seeing as we won't be learning how to rig a model for some time, I decided to put my my MacGuyver cap on to come up with a way for my 3D cat to still move around.

Even though the arms and legs are solid objects, a quick manipulation to each pivot point will allow for basic movement. Of course, limbs bend and fold as they're contorting...that's where my new best friend comes in. Can you guess? It starts with "Blend" and ends with me jigging happily, while [real] cats look on in wonderment. "Why is she doing that?!" I can hear them meow. "Our eyes are bleeding!!"

I fully realize this model isn't of any high quality standard -- in fact, I've just started using Maya September 2010. With that being said, I'm quite pleased with how this has come to fruition. The final animation may not even happen prior to Open House, but I'd like to continue working with this little guy through out the summer. Heck, maybe even try to learn rigging on my own?! lol .... Yah, wish me luck ... 8}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :) I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)