Thursday, July 8, 2010

.:Self Discovery:.

It's incredible that we can go through life "enjoying" what we're doing, not really thinking anything more of it. Last night, I was on the laptop for a short while, getting excited about my newest creative project: making an RPG game. Well it's been fun learning with the program, but I just can't help but think that - as much fun as it is making games with RPG Maker VX - in the end, all the games look the same!

I went forth and started playing around with one storyline that's kept my attention over the past 5 or 6 years. The original game I created was more map-based - where you're playing as the "main character," and you're constantly navigating through [the star ship you work for], solving puzzles, learning gossip & new information and solving situations...not to mention, winning the affections of one of the eligible bachelors within the crew!

As I continued playing around in RPG Maker VX, it occured to me: Even though this game generator was designed to make and to play games that look like the old sprite based types...why not add my own spin to things?! Why not reconfigure the look and feel of an RPG Maker VX game?! Yes, I've become incredibly inspired. Today, I will put this masterful plan into action!

I've always been big on creating things and I've always had a soft spot for inventions - for creating tools and new innovative ways to recreate something that's all ready beautiful, into becoming something even more wonderous! Today, I will change the look of RPG Maker VX games forever. :)

*Disclaimer*
I am in no way, shape or form, flaming the old style sprite video games. Some of my very favorite games are in this style, including:
- Chrono Trigger
- Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
- Secret of Mana
- any Super Mario Bros. game, from 1, 2 & 3 to Super Mario World
I am only trying to get across this one simple thought, by my post: I enjoy revamping ideas - taking beautiful ideas and turning them into new beautiful ideas!


~Dragon, out XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :) I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)