Monday, May 23, 2011

3D Model - Mylo, Continues

The cuteness saga continues this morning as Mylo's face continues to flourish in shape.
  • Just lined up all center vertices to be straight all the way, up and down. This will help to save time tweaking, later on down the line.
  • Correcting overlapping faces as I work; again, doing this now will save heaps of time!
Further tweaks; building the rest of the face right now. Mylo started out as a cat-boy design, but I think I'm going to make him a few different heads, to incorporate for different animals. Ooh! And then a female body type, to allow for a wide variety of different characters!
















This has been such an inspiring learning process! I used to think a head could be made straight from a cube or sphere - but this way of modeling a character head makes way more sense to me! FTW!

Hmm...It's ironic that both his name and the name of another girl kitty character I'd created for drawing class both start with the letter "M" -- I think "Myra" was her name. =^__^= They're going to be the first two in the series. Hair and clothing objects are going to be separate models to allow for a wider range of character possibilities. Myra had the cutest little pig-tails!

One goal I have this summer is to learn model rigging. These happy cats are going to receive this treatment - and the clothes will need rigging as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! :) I'll get back to you as soon as I can! :)